Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Art Journal

This an art journal I made from papers printed using paper towel. This was from a Class I took from Traci Bautista. We used stencils and textured wallpaper, wooden shapes to make the prints onto paper after we saturated the paper towel with liquid watercolor. We assembled 4 signatures of our hand printed paper and sewed them onto the cover which was made from the paper towels collaged on front and back. Traci has a great DVD Retro Rags that explains the whole technique. My 8th graders loved making this project and I made one too. It was fun. This time my book came out much better and I was able to sew the book straighter and tighter. I look forward to a class Im taking next month at Artiscape- Two part belgian binding.

2 comments:

On a Whimsey said...

I love the transparency of this abstract!

Kim said...

Gosh the colors are great! I love how trash becomes treasure like this!