Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ketchikan Altered Book

Here is the continuing board book I'm working on from our trip to Alaska last summer. This page was done with sponge painting for the clouds with other acrylics to look like the water. We had a great time kayaking here. Twelve family members joined us from age 7 on up to myself. That is myself in the kayak with the sunglasses. Some of us had the younger nieces and nephews in the middle with a triple kayak. We were amazed at the huge bull kelp we saw in the water. This town was very touristy and I wish we would of gone farther North to kayak to get away from the constant noise of the float planes taking off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish-

I love all the blue on this one. I am inspired to work on my Alaska book during my upcoming scrap weekend.

Anonymous said...

Very nice work! Found your blog via Altered Books yahoo group. Really enjoyed my first visit :-) Cheers!

Anonymous said...

HI,
This is the first time I have visited your site but not the last. One of my life dreams is an Alaskan trip so I really enjoyed your board book and can't wait to see more. I am also intrigued by the zentangles and will have to learn more about that. Thanks for sharing at the AB site.
CC in Wi
http://catherinemariecalvetti.com