Saturday, January 17, 2009

Collage in my "House "Series




This is a collage I finished today. I started a while back when I made my other house collage. I tried to stay with a burnt sienna and rust theme with the blue added in. I used a lot of brown chalk to outline and blend. This seemed to give it some depth. Lots of layers are here. I started with some glued down text, music score, and ledger paper. Then layers of tissue paper and lace rice paper for the sky. After gessoeing the houses , I started adding texture with different papers. I also used stamps and rub ons. I have one more house spread in my altered book I’m working on. I love architecture so houses appeal to me. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is great ,, you are so talented I love it
Dom

Val Foster said...

This is a really great layered collage. I love it. The colors and textures are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Trish,
Your sister sent me your blog and I loved the house collages. Colors reminded me of curacao in the carribean. Their houses are of many different colors and tall and thin like these. Quite a challenge to get all the layers, and contrasts of materials, etc. Did we get to see the the train ride in Alaska in Dec. I don't remember seeing it.
Mom