Sunday, February 13, 2011

Canvas, Corkscrews and Collage

We celebrated Stacey's birthday at Canvas and Corkscrews friday night. I was hesitant to go since I felt everyones looked the same. The night before I gathered paper, images , gel medium and extra paint to bring along. I added the collage element to mine and it turned out to be a fun night.



















This is my finished piece. I layered magazine pages, hand painted paper, tissue paper, and mulberry paper before I added the tree. I covered with gel medium and then painted over with the greens, blues , and beige. I rubbed off some of the paint to let the patterned paper show through. Lastly, I painted the trees on and collaged some leaves on top . I added some burlap and a cut out paper fence.















Here is the demonstrated piece. It was interesting how they used negative space to paint the tree. First the red was painted, then the background, lastly , other colors were added to the sky.

No comments: